How many times has it happened to you that you have travelled to a place that was out of your phone provider’s coverage zone? Or, how many times you purchased a second-hand phone and realised that you are still stuck with the previous user’s network carrier? There are many a time when even if you are the phone owner, you could never actually control it to the best possibility. You somehow remained stuck to a particular network and was a slave to the network carriers.
If you are a Samsung Galaxy S5 owner and you are looking for steps to unlock your phone, then this article is for you! You can now unlock your phone from the previous network carrier and use it over any other carrier you prefer. Once you get your phone unlocked, you can enjoy various benefits. The guide on how to unlock Samsung Galaxy S5 to any network is described below in a step by step procedure. On following these, you can successfully unlock your phone.
- This entire process may take some time so the first thing you need to do is, have patience. Different network providers have different approaches. So, make sure you discuss with your network provider first whether the mobile is eligible for unlocking process. If you are using a T-Mobile then do read or inquire about how tounlock Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile on the internet or from your network provider.
- Now if you are using the T-Mobile, then first take out the previous SIM card and put in a new Non-T-Mobile SIM card in your handset.
- As you switch on the phone you will be instantly directed to enter a code on an input field. Write down the input code that flashes on your screen.
- On top of the input field, you will come across an option ‘Unlock and Dismiss’.
- In step number 3 where you noted down the input code, input that code now.
- Press the Back button to remove the phone keyboard from the screen and tap on Unlock.
- As soon as you do so, the phone will display a message ‘Network Unlock Successful’.
There are various benefits to unlocking your phone from a particular network. They are described in details below.
- You can choose from a wide range of networks that which network provider you want to switch to. Depending upon your purpose, you can sign up for a pre-paid SIM card or a post-paid one.
- The T-Mobiles might have been cost-effective but in the end, you land up paying the full retail price as long as you are a part of their contract. In case you decide to sell off your phone in future, you do not need to pay any extra termination fees which you had to in case your phone would have been locked.
- If you are unhappy with one network provider, you can immediately switch over to another one without any extra charge or unwanted hassle.